TODO-list for XBattleAI / What's in the next release
Here you'll find things I plan to do with XBattle[AI]. Some
things probly never will be finished but it's never wrong to have ambitions.
If you have any ideas which belong here please mail me (email@example.com).
Small and medium things
- Update man pages to reflect new options
- Use classnames (PseudoColor, TrueColor, StaticColor, StaticGray,
GrayScale, DirectColor) instead of guessing from the displaydepth.
(We can only test on PseudoColor, TrueColor and perhaps
- Rewrite NEW_COLORMAP-code to be fully dynamic, that is first try to
use the system colormap, and then switch to private colormap only if
not enough colors available. (If this is possible).
- Rewrite makefiles to use GNU autoconf
- Parametrise AI algorithms and finetune them by hand or automatically,
eg. using genetic algorithms, simulated annealing etc.
- Fix option demands for
- Enable use of comments in xbos. Done: Available in next release
- Replace or complement the binary format of .xbts .xbas files with
a text based version.
- Night/Day horizons.
- Decay/Farms etc varying from cell to cell. Ie, lowlands acting as
farms and highlands decaying troops.
- Independent hills/forests.
- Improve AI
- Client Server version
- Maintain/Improve website
- Additional maptypes (regional maps a la' risk)
Replaying saved games does not work with display "null"
The XBattleAI website